Wednesday, May 31, 2017

5/30 Thoughts

I don't think I've mentioned how much I love it here in Spain.

The people, the food, the weather (when it's not extremely hot), the school, Fina, Elena, my roommates Dee and Ashley, and new friends - especially Emilie and Lilly - the tall, old architecture, the culture, the history and more. The night life is always filled with people. We don't eat dinner until 9:30 at our house, and it is a common thing for everyone to eat that late, as well as have lunch around 2-3. But with everyone out eating so late, they are out for drinks as well. Even on a night like tonight, a Wednesday, a lot of the people here won't be going bed until 12-2am. Everything is amazing!

I really enjoy my class that I'm taking right now and until next week - Historic Monuments in Seville. We usually spend a bit inside learning the history of whatever we will be seeing that day/what was going on in Spain at the time, then spend the rest of the time touring the place. If I weren't in the class who knows if I would go to any of these places! Seeing them also makes class time go faster - three hours is a long time to be in one classroom.

Oh, and the language is beautiful. Unfortunately we don't speak it as much as I'd like to, only in class usually, and with Fina and Elena. Usually waiters pick up on the fact that we aren't native speakers right away and will speak English, but sometimes we'll just keep speaking in Spanish. Nevertheless, I can tell the improvements I have made after only a short time here! About four weeks left in beautiful Sevilla y España, and I can't wait for everything new that I'll learn and do.

By the way, if I miss my flight home to the States...sorry Mom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...