Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Wednesday 5/30

First test today!

I got to SAIIE early to pay for my trip to Lagos, Portugal (!!!) this coming weekend, then studied a bit for the test. In class we reviewed for about an hour, then got to test taking!

Because we had the test, we got out of class early and could leave once we were done. We had a soup with beans in it like the one last week, and some roast vegetables with a red salsa.

After lunch we rested and I got time to blog - I'd like to nap now but I shouldn't because I know I'll sleep better tonight.

The girls from SAIIE went to a ceramic painting class - it was really fun! I painted for the first time in years a few months ago when I did a canvas painting class with the girls I worked with at UNO's, so I knew going to paint tonight would be fun, and it was! I think I liked canvas painting a little better - I'm kind of a perfectionist (which the canvas-painting teacher noticed in all of us future teachers), so to just have a blank tile to paint was difficult because I didn't want to do colors that didn't look good together. I think it turned out well though! The colors will set in once we they go into the kiln, and we'll pick those up on Monday - I'll post the pictures of blank, to painted, to set tile on Monday :)

I went on a run between painting and dinner, which was good but very hot! Luckily it is a bit cooler by the river and there's usually always shade from trees.

For dinner we had soup, broccoli, grilled ham and cheese, potato chips AND flan. So much food. I had tried flan once before at a Mexican restaurant and didn't really like it, but I liked it better here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...