Thursday, June 29, 2017

Wednesday 6/28

It was a slower and more relaxed day, since we had no plan for the day. 

I ate breakfast and got my plane ticket printed for tomorrow to fly to Sevilla, showered, packed up my suitcase, and had to move to my 3rd room at the Hipstel. The wifi problem was annoying and having to move rooms twice because of "renovations" was annoying, but otherwise I'd say the Hipstel is a great place to stay with a great location!

Marissa and I planned to meet at a McDonald's between out hostels, and when I arrived there it was closed for actual renovations, so I had no idea how to contact her besides to go a McDonald's near my hostel to get food and wifi and then plan where to meet her. Luckily while I was walking there we miraculously found each other and could go together! 

McDonald's definitely did not disappoint - it was my first time eating a meal of it here in Spain! People told me things tasted really different, but I didn't really notice. I had my first ever BigMac and it was good, but I think I prefer McDoubles because the BigMac has too much bread. 
We went shopping after eating, mostly just window shopping besides at the Pop-Up shops where we each got a couple things. 

After we stopped at some stores, she left to go home and I went to the Gothic Cathedral, the Cathedral of Barcelona, to tour it since visits are free after 5:45 and in the mornings. So I'm actually glad the line cut off the other day before I could tour it! I had to buy a scarf to wrap around myself before entering, since you weren't allowed to enter showing shoulders or wearing shorts. It was very pretty inside and reminded me a lot of the cathedral in Sevilla. Sevilla's is much larger and, in my opinion, much more beautiful! 






They have 13 white geese in the courtyard of the Cathedral to remember Saint Eulalia, who was crucified by the Romans at the age of 13 for refusing to give up her Christianity, and also suffered 13 tortures. 

I went back to the hostel for a little bit to write this and get a couple things ready to go in the morning, then went to dinner at Maestró with Marissa and Lincoln. We had wine, patatas bravas, calamari, cod, cheese, and potato/tuna salad.  


They had gone to La Cava the night before where they said their patatas bravas were to die for, so we went there afterward too! They were right, the patatas were delicious!! The restaurant also has it's visitors write their names on the wall, so we couldn't pass up that opportunity either :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...