Monday, June 26, 2017

Sunday 6/25

(Full) Day 1 in Barcelona!

I woke up thinking it was 6am, but in reality it was 10:30am! I definitely needed the sleep. I went for a quick run and luckily didn't get lost, and then went to a café after I was ready. I had an espresso, a muffin, and a sandwich. It was 1pm by the time I got good so I had a mix of breakfast and lunch!

I went to try to tour the Picasso museum because I heard it was free on Sundays, but unfortunately it wasn't free and tickets were sold out. On my way there I asked a girl for directions and she ended up walking together and we told each other about ourselves. In Spanish of course :)

We went past the gothic cathedral on the way so I went there to hopefully tour it, but right before I was about to enter after waiting in line they closed it for the day.

One of Gaudí's homes


The Gothic Cathedral






I went back to the hostel after roaming more to update this page, then met up with Marissa from SAIIE and a friend from her hostel, Claire, to eat dinner at a Venezuelan place! It was cheap and little but realllly good and filling - I had a cornbread pita filled with shredded chicken and guacamole.

We then went to The Magic Fountain to watch a light and fountain show. It was really cool and so so pretty! Right next to la Plaza de España, and when we were leaving there were musicians with electric violins and guitars. I love that in Sevilla there are people all over playing their instruments and sharing their music. I often leave a little change if I have some too because I love live music and seeing peoples passion for it! Often they are people who are in need of money.









When I got back to my hostel - the Hipstel - the WiFi wasn't working which was upsetting after being gone for a few hours and no way to update my family or communicate with Marissa about meeting tomorrow, but it made me get to sleep sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...