Sunday, June 25, 2017

Saturday 6/24

Last day with my roomies! :( 

Ashley left to be with her parents before Dee & I were leaving, so we said goodbye to her before going souvenir shopping for Dee. I was so determined to try caracoles -- SNAILS!! -- so we searched for a place to find them, and we did! I got a lot more than I thought I would and was nervous to try them, but I did it! They weren't necessarily good or bad, but in-between and just something I wanted to try!! 

Dee & I went back quick to grab our bags and say goodbye to Fina - she was such a great señora and I'm so thankful she was mine! 

We then went to the bust stop to take us to the airport, and once we got there & were going through security I forgot I can't have liquids over a certain amount. Then, so that I didn't have to throw anything away, I had to check my bag for €30. I unfortunately didn't get to say a good goodbye to her, but I loved having her has a roommate, along with Ashley, and I'm glad I will get to see her in Platteville! 

The flight to Barcelona went great otherwise, and while on the metro to get off close to my hostel I missed my stop and luckily a nice man rushed me to get off and I got on a different one to go to the other stop! I finally made it there around 11, an hour later than I had hoped but that's okay. 

Additionally, I am so so thankful for my time with such great people at SAIIE and in Sevilla. These are forever friendships that we have made together and I absolutely loved every moment in Sevilla. The time went by so so quickly and I wish we had all summer together. Saying goodbye to the city was tough, but lucky for me I have 5 days here in Barcelona, and I get to go back to Sevilla for a quick day to take my flights home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...