Monday, June 12, 2017

Friday 6/9

Last day of class at 8:30 - 3! It was a long week haha. I somehow got my butt up for an early morning run at 6:30, too!

Also yesterday in class, we watched El Laberinto del Fauno - Pan's Labyrinth in English - a Spanish movie based after the Spanish Civil War. It is a mix of fiction and fairytale, and really good!

We got to leave from class once we were done, so we got home at 3:00 instead of 3:30 - which means an early lunch! We had pasta and I tried gazpacho for the first time - it was super yummy and tastes like a familiar American dish or topping but we can't think of what!

After siesta, we went to the bus station to buy our ticket to leave for Marabella in the morning and got some things from the grocery store!

Lilly and Emilie's last full day is today since they only signed up for Session 1 :( sad they are leaving but so glad to have met them. We all went out for dinner at an Italian place - so good! Along the way we had beautiful views of the sunset and the Cathedral lit up for the night! After dinner we went to bars near school; a night out for dinner and drinks was much needed after this week. When I asked for another Malibu and juice at our favorite bar, Rukn N' Roll, the bartender came back with the drink x100 - a fancy glass, whipped cream, huge straws and a sparkler lit singing "Happy Birthday" - it wasn't my birthday, I didn't ask for anything fancy, but I wasn't complaining! We'll be coming back for three actual birthdays next week :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...