Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sunday 5/28

Happy Sunday!

I slept in until 11 - after a day of being in a bus for four hours, being in the sun on the beach all day, and no time for a siesta, the sleep was needed! I got up and went for my first run in Sevilla along the river. A good thing about having one of the farthest homestays is not having to run through el centro, and being by the river!



After a small breakfast - café con leche y un croissant - at Café de Indias we met Lilly and Emilie to go to some pop-up shops near the Cathedral. Unfortunately I couldn't buy the souvenirs I wanted because I didn't have enough money if I wanted to eat lunch, but I got two! We also went by a group of brass players. I'm definitely thankful for my years of band and middle school because of my appreciation for music now!



We then got lunch at a place that had an English menu; ordering food when you don't know what majority of the words of the dishes are is very difficult! I'd say I know a lot of Spanish and my professor from home says I'm fluent, but I'm definitely lacking in the food lexicon!

It is definitely a Sunday! Since I got home at 4, I have been working on my computer (when the wifi is working) except for about 1.5 hours of FaceTiming my parents, which was wonderful, and dinner. Dinner included cerdo con salsa de whiskey (pork with whiskey sauce) which was very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...