Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Monday 5/29

Happy Memorial Day in the States!

In Spain today, we went to el Archivo General de Indias and peeped into a church next to the Cathedral. El Archivo de Indias used to be la Casa de Contratación, where they regulated trade during the conquest of the Americas, and el Archivo de Indias holds all the documents from the Spanish Empire.








After class, we went home for lunch, then I went back to SAIIE to research a little about where I'm going my last week in Spain! I will be staying a week longer than what my classes will be so that I can travel :)

Then, everyone from SAIIE went to la Plaza de España. It was incredibly beautiful! Designed by Aníbal González, it was built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition in Spain in 1929, and exemplifies all the different styles of architecture in Spain today - Renaissance, Moorish, and Spanish. The Exposition improved the relations between Spain and Portugal, Brazil, the US, and other Spanish-speaking countries of the America's.










After dinner, we walked around for what seemed like forever to find an open churrería, but settled with gelato (not complaining!).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...