Sunday, May 28, 2017

Friday 5/26

¡La Catedral de Sevilla hoy!

It is the largest/oldest Gothic building in the world, and used to be a mezquita  (mosque) before Sevilla was taken over by Christians in 1248, and it was reconstructed in 1401.


















We had class from 9-12 today (Mon-Fri we have it 11-2), so after we went on a bus tour around Sevilla before going home for lunch and a siesta. 

Before going out for dinner, we got ready for the night and made our way to the bus station to buy our tickets to go to Rota on Saturday -- going to a beach with Emilie and Lilly! For dinner we tried croquettas for the first time -- they look like a corn dog but are filled with finely slice jamón (ham) and mixed with whole milk and eggs (according to a recipe online) surrounded with breadcrumbs and deep fried. I like the flavor I think, but the texture is a little iffy for me!




Couldn't end the night without some gelato :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...