Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Monday 5/22

¡El primer día de clases!

I am taking Artistic Monuments of Seville.

I had class from 11-2, and half was held inside learning a little of the history of Spain and then we walked around el centro learning more, especially of the architecture of the buildings.

Después de clase, we went for tapas a Las Golondrinas, en el Barrio Triana de Sevilla. We ate pan, squid (calamares), cerdo (pork), pimientas (peppers) , zanahorias (carrots) , y jamón (ham) con tinto del verano con zumo de naranja (tinto with orange juice).

We walked through el centro a bit, and by 7 I was back home and ready for una siesta. After a long day of class and being in this heat, it was much needed. We napped longer than we had planned, then ate dinner: sopa de estrellas, papas fritas, pollo, y un plátano (soup with stars, french fries, chicken, and a plantain).

After dinner, we rested a bit then Ashley, Dee and I went walking around el centro and found un barre for a drink - wine and sangria - before heading home for the night.

¡Buenas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...